|Sector||Trade, Craft & IndustrialBusiness Services & Office Support|
|Salary||See Job Description|
We have a PERMANENT opportunity for HEAD of GROUNDS MAINTENANCE based in Beccles!
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, on a salary of £21,000 per annum.
As Head of Grounds Maintenance your role will be to ensure that the grounds are maintained to a high standard. Grounds maintenance duties include the following:
* To undertake general grounds maintenance, including laying turf, maintenance and creation of memorial areas, site preparation and construction as necessary.
* To be responsible for allocated machinery.
* To assist with the duties of the Chapel Attendant, including general cleaning and preparation of the service chapel, cloister, flower room and adjoining accommodation for services and public use.
* Attend services, direct funeral directors, mourners and members of the general public.
* Maintain floral displays in designated areas
* Having received the appropriate training, to operate the cremators and ancillary equipment within the guidelines of the ICCM Guiding Principles and the guidelines of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and subsequent amendments.
* To ensure the collection, identification, storage and final disposal of cremated remains in the Garden of Remembrance is maintained correctly and documented.
* To assist with meeting the period sales budgets
* A high degree of care and understanding is a major requirement
* Must be of a height and strength to shoulder a coffin as part of a 4-person team during services.
* Offsite training will be provided for this role to gain a full understanding of the industry.
To be considered for this opportunity please click APPLY now!
This vacancy is being advertised by IRS Recruitment who are operating as a Recruitment Agency.