|Location||Wallsend, Tyne and Wear|
|Area||Tyne and Wear, England|
|Sector||Business Services & Office Support|
|Salary||Up to £15.00 per hour|
We are looking for a Procurement Officer to work for our well-established client in Wallsend on a temporary basis starting asap!
You will be on an attractive hourly rate approx £15.00 per hour, with some movement depending on experience.
This is a full-time role - Monday to Friday, 42 hours per week.
As a Procurement Officer your role will involve ordering necessary materials and equipment. Also, administrative management of the vehicle pool and telecommunication along with providing support for the Purchasing Manager.
The Procurement Officer tasks include:
* Select materials and equipment for maintenance, repair and production purposes
* Draw up requests for quotations
* Receive, assess and select quotations with regards to quality
* Negotiate with suppliers on price, terms of delivery and payment conditions
* Check order confirmations
* Discuss deviations with suppliers
* Monitor terms of delivery and take action
* Solid organisational skills
* Experience of working in a Purchasing Function, internal purchasing procedures and administrative order processing
* Good knowledge of English and French, basic knowledge of German
* IT: Microsoft Office, ERP (purchasing) programme, Internet/Intranet
If you are highly organised and enjoy a challenge please click apply now!
This vacancy is being advertised by IRS Recruitment who are operating as an Employment Business.