Electrical Design Engineer
|Location||Great Yarmouth, Norfolk|
|Sector||Trade, Craft & IndustrialBusiness Services & Office Support|
|Salary||£30.00 - £40.00 per hour|
Fantastic opportunity for an Electrical design Engineer to work in a small friendly design office based in Great Yarmouth.
This is a short-term contract where you will be required for approx. 3-6 months
Your working hours will be Monday-Thursday 08.30hrs-17.00hrs / Friday 08.30hrs-16.00hrs.
Offering an attractive hourly rate for this role between £30-£40 per hour depending on experience!
As an electrical design engineer you will be responsible to the Head of Design, to produce concept and detailed Electrical designs related to equipment and machinery for the company's complete range of products, and specifically for the design of equipment for custom applications.
Fluency with Autocad Electrical is a must and the ability to work with 3d cad modelling in Autodesk inventor/Solidworks in an advantage.
Electrical Design Engineer duties -
* Working from in house or customer specification, develop a concept Electrical design.
* Calculate electrical requirements for the equipment including any motor, brake, actuator or other machinery requirements.
* Coordinate electro-mechanical system requirements
* Identify and select most economical and suitable proprietary equipment to fulfill the specified product requirements.
* Produce block diagram and layout drawings using AutoCAD Electrical.
* Produce parts lists and bills of material using Excel Spreadsheets.
* Issue detailed design drawings for manufacture.
* Experienced Electrical design engineer with experience in designing controls systems for computer-controlled handling systems
* Working knowledge of current, relevant Electrical Design regulations and Drawing Standards
* Competent in PLC based system design including design, coding and debugging of ladder logic.
* Capable of developing original concepts based on current state of the art technology.
* High level of computer literacy, familiar with Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
* Experienced user of AutoCAD Electrical or similar CAD package.
* Experienced user of Microsoft Word and Excel
Please click APPLY now if you would like to be considered for this role!
This vacancy is being advertised by IRS Recruitment who are operating as an Employment Business.