Base & Offshore Engineer
|Location||Great Yarmouth, Norfolk|
|Sector||EngineeringTrade, Craft & Industrial|
|Salary||See Job Description|
Permanent vacancy for a Base & Offshore Engineer required for our client in Great Yarmouth!
*Salary depending on experience
As a Base & Offshore Engineer you will be required to understand Electronic Engineering principles, techniques and practices. You will also have a good knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace and have BTEC / HNC Electronic Engineering qualification / experience.
* Working knowledge of pre and post hire procedures.
* Test equipment in accordance with set test procedures.
* Basic fault findings of regularly hired rental equipment.
* Ability to test standard rental equipment with limited supervision.
* Undertake PAT testing.
* Cable testing - continuity and insulation.
* RS232/RS422/RS485 cable making.
* Network cable making and BNC/TNC cable making.
* Basic understanding of COSHH/PUWER and PPE.
* Ability to complete offshore reporting documentation.
* Work unsupervised on basic offshore projects.
* Carry out basic troubleshooting of rental pool equipment offshore.
* Operate survey equipment as part of an offshore survey team.
* Awareness of safe working practices on vessels.
* Basic seamanship skills.
* Knowledge of offshore command structures.
* Completion of offshore certificates, ENG1, OGUK, STCW, BOSIET etc.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please click APPLY now!
This vacancy is being advertised by IRS Recruitment who are operating as a Recruitment Agency.