This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Location||Great Yarmouth, Norfolk|
|Sector||Trade, Craft & Industrial|
|Salary||Up to £10 per hour|
We are pleased to announce that our client in the Great Yarmouth area is expanding their team and as a result, they are looking to recruit an (AUT) Automated Ultrasonic Testing Technician.
This is a full-time position initially starting off on a 3 month temporary basis leading to a permanent contract for the right candidate.
You will be working 40 hours a week Monday-Friday 08.00 - 17.00 with 1 hour for lunch on an hourly rate of £10.00 per hour.
As an AUT Technician you will be responsible for the checking of incoming materials for mechanical damage, surveying as required using relevant gauges to determine calibration data, ensuring accurate records are maintained of all materials, checks & survey data. You will have similar experience with working within a workshop environment, carrying out quality control checks on all finished products.
AUT Technician duties will include -
* Incoming materials checked, survey checks carried out and accurate dimensional checks taken with precision measuring instruments, cutting materials into shape ready for manufacturing.
* Check, clean, repair and paint returned pipe work as required
* Maintain stock levels whilst sorting and checking returned goods.
* Compiling and packing all equipment, tools and spares required for a project.
* Associated office duties include scanning and filing of reports, carrying out velocity measurements, recording data accurately, creating test piece certification for clients and assisting with the purchase workshop supplies
* Collection and delivery of materials and goods from local vendors
* Reliable, Diligent and able to work unsupervised on your own initiative
* Physically fit and able as there will be some lifting and carrying involved in loading and unloading equipment.
* Good mechanical skills and competence in the use of hand tools ideally with past experience in a mechanical trade.
* Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and accurately verify dimensions using precision measuring equipment.
* Current UK driving license
* Competent in the use of Microsoft packages
* A current recognised 2.5 tonne counter balance forklift license would be an advantage, however In house training can be provided.
If you would like to apply for this fantastic position, apply now!
This vacancy is being advertised by IRS Recruitment who are operating as a Recruitment Agency.