This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Location||Thirsk, North Yorkshire|
|Sector||Business Services & Office Support|
|Salary||Up to £10.30 per hour|
A temporary role has arisen for a Supplies Officer, based within the Transport and Logistics Department working for our client in Thirsk to start asap!
Required until 31st March 2019
Salary: £19,818 pa / £10.30 per hour
This vacancy is full time 37 hrs per week
As a Supplies Officer you must possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively both face to face and in writing. Be able to undertake stock audits, supervise and manage the Supplies Department. Candidates will have good organisational skills with attentiveness to accuracy.
* To supervise the supplies department.
* To oversee and undertake the purchase and distribution of the supplies and equipment utilised by the fire Service.
* To oversee and undertake the ordering and purchase of supplies and equipment.
* Checking and coding of invoices for payment.
* To oversee stock management and planning and to undertake stock audits in line with the Service's audit requirements.
* Conduct regular audits of the health and safety and physical condition of supplies and to maximise efficiency of the operations within to ensure quality of service to internal and external stakeholders.
* To regularly monitor and undertake stock reviews and ensure the stock levels are appropriate for the Service's needs and avoid waste. To regularly review the Service's minimum and maximum stock levels in line with Service needs.
* Monitor and report on stock levels and maintain in line with Service policy and procedure.
* To manage and maintain all relevant electronic and written records as may be required and report regularly on the status of the department including management and notification of risks.
* To manage the Service's internal requisitioning processes and ensure these are effective in delivering supplies and equipment to end users.
* To oversee and undertake the receipt, checking and recording of deliveries.
* Generate and review weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly stock reports and ad hoc reports as directed.
* Collation and disposal of obsolete materials and equipment.
* To perform any other duties as may be required in accordance with the grade.
* Coach and support other team members.
* Train new staff members.
* To share responsibility with other Supplies Department staff for effective management within the department.
* To attend such training courses and seminars as appropriate.
* To support the section managers in delivery of wider Transport and Logistics services.
* To provide assistance in the smooth running of the department during times of planned absence.
* Respond to customer compliments, complaints, suggestions and demands in line with Service policies and procedures and to flag risks and issues to the appropriate persons.
* Ensure the stores are clean, safe and presentable and carry out regular health and safety inspections in conjunction with other managers.
* Maintain appropriate inventories and stock records.
* To oversee and undertake deliveries and collections as required to and from Fire Stations and other locations as required.
* To perform any other duties as may be required in accordance with the role.
Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies
* Minimum 5 years post qualification experience
* Current UK driving licence
* Computer literate, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel
Experience in a Public Sector purchasing environment
Knowledge of various purchasing/supplies software packages
Please click APPLY if this vacancy sounds of interest!
This vacancy is being advertised by IRS Recruitment who are operating as an Employment Business.