General Operations Assistant
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Location||Great Yarmouth, Norfolk|
|Sector||Renewable EnergyBusiness Services & Office Support|
|Salary||Up to £8.21 per hour|
Job Title: General Operations Assistant
Reports to: General Manager
Location: Great Yarmouth
Temporary 6 months General Operations Assistant required in Great Yarmouth with the possibility of going permanent!
You will be on an hourly rate of £8.21 per hour
40 hours per week Monday-Friday
Summary of Position:
The General Operations Assistant works primarily to assist the General Manager in undertaking general office administration tasks, assisting with governance tasks, company financial tasks, company HR tasks of a non-sensitive but confidential nature (e.g. drafting letters, filing, managing expenses, credit cards, sending HR related letters, raising purchase orders and managing invoices), placing orders and ensuring the office runs smoothly.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Company Administration and Governance
* Answering telephone calls, taking messages when the team members are not available;
* Assist with the implementation of the Governance including pensions, human resources, health & safety, contracts, policies and procedures within the company
* Assist with the production of internal and external documents, meeting agendas, briefing papers, letters, reports and presentations as and when required;
* Management, financial reporting and filing / archiving of expenses, credit cards, invoices, purchase orders and banking under the direction of the accountant, or to assist the Accounts function if required;
* Managing stationery, office supply stocks and orders, IT, insurance, registrations, policies and phone contracts under the direction of the General Manager;
* To assist in the production Board reports, in collaboration with the Executive team to ensure their delivery in a timely and professional manner;
* To assist with arranging meetings, production of related documentation, venue booking, and arrangement of lunch/refreshments, and minute taking;
* To assist with the maintenance of the CRM system and general contact information maintenance;
* To assist the General Manager in maintaining Data Protection and other legal compliances;
* To manage incoming correspondence for the team;
* To provide the Executive Team with administration and organisational support where required;
* Assist the General Manager with the general maintenance and management of the office, obtaining quotes from contractors and managing contractor access where required.
Human Resources (HR)
* Assist with the drafting and distribution of general HR communications
* Assist with the provision of general HR documents to new and existing employees;
* Assist with other HR matters of a non-sensitive nature as directed by the Company Secretary, whilst mindful that all HR activity must be treated in confidence;
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE)
* Assist with the implementation and communication of health & safety directives within the company in association with the General Manager;
* Assist in compliance for Environmental Policy;
* Conduct weekly fire alarm tests;
* Inform the team of any Health, Safety and Environmental issues arising;
* Maintain the accident book, first aid kit and ensure maintenance of fire appliances, fire alarm, intruder alarm and other safety applications.
Financial and Accounting
* Raise purchase orders for the Executive Team in accordance with procedure;
* Work with the Accounts function to manage the internal office spend, ensuring cost effectiveness wherever possible;
* To manage incoming invoices, ensuring that the accounts function receive them, and they are filed in accordance with procedure.
Personal Qualities & Requirements:
* Ability to be discrete and maintain confidence in relation to sensitive and/or personal information;
* Good interpersonal skills and able to promote the organisation at all events and opportunities;
* Ability to work well as part of a team;
* Well organised with a good attention to detail;
* Numerate with good analytical skills, especially with regards data trends, statistics and reporting;
* Competent writer of business letters and other correspondence, taking and writing minutes and email correspondence
* IT literate with a high level of competency in standard software packages (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
* Able and willing to visit member or stakeholder offices, make site visits, and make occasional overnight stays for business;
* Clean, full UK driving licence with own mode of transport.
Please click APPLY now if this sounds like a perfect opportunity for you!
This vacancy is being advertised by IRS Recruitment who are operating as an Employment Business.