IT Support Technician
|Location||Northallerton, North Yorkshire|
|Sector||Business Services & Office Support|
|Salary||Up to £11.98 per hour|
An exciting opportunity for a temporary IT Support Technician has arisen with our client based in Northallerton!
The appointment is to start immediately and would be until 5th October 2018.
The annual salary for this post is £21,690 (starting salary) / £11.98 per hour
Hours of work will be 37 hours per week
To effectively and efficiently assist in the maintenance and administration of the Authority's IT infrastructure
IT Support Technician role map -
* Develop personal and organisational effectiveness
* Health & safety in ITC and contact Centre
* Technical advice and guidance
* Technical Fault Diagnosis
* Technical fault remedy selection
* Working with ICT hardware and equipment
* System Operation
* Software installation and upgrade
* System management
* Carry out technical support activities
* Testing ICT Systems
* Security of ICT systems
* Remote support for products and services
IT Support Technician primary functions:
* To investigate and advise the Development & Support Technicians on recommended developments in line with technological advances;
* To support the procurement and implementation of new or replacement IT infrastructure programmes and systems;
* To support the procurement and implementation and configuration of server installations in line with fault tolerant and performance designs;
* To help ensure the standardisation of hardware and software throughout the Authority, in line with policies and procedures;
* To assist in the maintenance of IT standard operating procedures (SOPs) in line with legislation and internal regulations;
* To provide advice and guidance to end users of the Authority's IT systems, including informal training where appropriate;
* To assist in the maintenance of the integrity of the Authority's WAN / LANs and ensure a secure and virus-free service;
* To monitor and maintain core server applications;
* To provide assistance for technical contribution to specifications produced by other departments, functions and sections;
* To assist with the IT Service Desk function and provide first and second line end user support, to both users and other IT members;
* To support workloads with other IT disciplines within the IT section;
* To undertake development training, either on or off site, as required.
If this sounds like the position for you please click APPLY now!
This vacancy is being advertised by IRS Recruitment who are operating as an Employment Business.