National Relief Manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Project Management & ServicesBusiness Services & Office Support|
|Salary||Up to £30000 per annum|
POST TITLE: National Relief Manager
HOURS: Full-time (45 hours a week) - Permanent
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Operations Executive
SALARY: £30,000 per annum
PLACE OF WORK: Field-based Monday to Friday
National Relief Manager directly responsible to the Operations Executive for all operational and management aspects across all facilities nationally. The right candidate will be fully trained in all aspects of the role to allow them to cover all sicknesses/Holiday periods delegated by the Operations Executive. This will ensure the provision of a smoothly-run, high quality bereavement service which conforms in all respects with current status, local authority regulations and ICCM guidelines. This role includes travel and working away from home.
Administrator/Memorial Sales Consultant, Cremator Operator, Head of Gardens and Grounds Maintenance/Attendant, Organist, Medical Referees.
PERSON SPECIFICATION CRITERIA
* Good knowledge of legislation concerned with the statutory duties of a cremation authority regulations and the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
* Ability to communicate effectively in a sensitive, compassionate and confidential manner with customers in person or on the telephone and display a customer-focused approach to service delivery.
* Ability to communicate effectively with staff, to organize and prioritise workloads and to lead, motivate, develop and train staff.
* Ability to introduce innovations and changes in response to legislative developments and competition.
* Ability to demonstrate an understanding of why equal opportunities is important in employment and provision of services.
* You will need to be a passionate about service excellence, people and show an empathetic and calm nature.
* Ability to work as a member of a team in any role.
* Ability to follow established statutory and office procedures.
* Excellent proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to maintain accurate records in legible script and with the use of IT systems services
* Numeracy skills sufficient to monitor budgets and deal with cash handling, recording and banking.
* Ability to understand the uses of information technology, use and input data onto IT systems.
* A knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation as it relates to a crematorium and ensuring appropriate compliance.
* Job holders must be of a height and strength to permit them to shoulder a coffin as part of a 4-person team during services.
OUT OF HOURS RESPONSIBILITIES
* May be required to assist with the opening of new sites.
* There is a chance of having to cover weekends at
NATIONAL RELIEF MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
* To cover/support any facility that requires support, this will include working away. This will often occur at short notice so flexibility is a must.
* To interchange rolls on request i.e. Manager/Admin/Chapel Attendant/Gardener/Cremator operator under the above criteria.
* To assist with the opening of new facilities and snagging lists.
* To assist with the training of new staff, and refresher training of all existing staff.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity please APPLY now!
This vacancy is being advertised by IRS Recruitment who are operating as a Recruitment Agency.