This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Trade, Craft & Industrial|
|Salary||£8 - £9 per hour|
JOB TITLE: General Operative (Temporary)
REPORTS TO: Supervisor (Production / Services)
HOURS: Monday-Thursday 7.30am-4.15pm, Friday 7.30am-12.30pm
HOURLY RATE: £8.00 - £9.00 per hour depending on experience
To contribute, at all levels, in maintaining high levels of production output, quality and customer satisfaction.
* Flexible in approach to work. Is able and willing to perform a variety of tasks within the area of work.
* Conscientious approach by taking responsibility for quality of the work, ensuring that quality is always at a premium level. Does not make assumptions for the materials to be used.
* Understands and works well with targets and deadlines.
* Flexible in catering for unforeseen situations and production requirements.
* Ability to work individually, but also in a team. Able to identify the importance of individual roles within a team and the contribution that an individual can contribute towards a teams' overall performance. Co-ordinates own activities with those of the rest of the team and is able to deal effectively with all team members.
* Recognises what is expected as regards health and safety by reading and following supplied safe working procedures. Consideration for the health and safety of other team members when carrying out tasks.
* Uses initiative to solve problems and asks for help/questions/advise from supervision when bigger issues are identified. Does not need to be constantly supervised to ensure that production levels are maintained at an acceptable level.
* Experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
* Good communication skills.
* High level of dexterity and hand eye coordination as demonstrated through high scoring O'Connor Finger test.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to learn.
* Organisational Awareness.
* Results Orientated.
EVIDENCE OF PERFORMANCE:
* Visible evidence of conducting a variety of tasks as required without complaint. Demonstrated willingness to take on new skills and enthusiastic without avoiding responsibilities in current work.
* No evidence of making mistakes identified through QC checks. If a mistake has been made, highlights the problem to the Supervisor so that appropriate action can be taken.
* Evidence of working at a pace to successfully contribute to site performance targets.
* Visibly active whether working in a team or individually.
* Appropriate safety equipment is used as required. No examples of having an accident due to negligence of H&S working procedures of equipment.
* A rating exercise has been carried out to include each individual's capabilities and this is used as a basis to enable the Supervisor to match the appropriate operator to the task at hand. Evidence of using initiative can be demonstrated by both minimal contact and guidance from Supervisor and optimal efficiency levels.
If this is a great temp opportunity for you then APPLY now!
This vacancy is being advertised by IRS Recruitment who are operating as an Employment Business.