Funeral Administrator / Arranger
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Area||Norfolk, EnglandSuffolk, England|
|Sector||Business Services & Office Support|
|Salary||£9.00 - £9.25 per hour|
Funeral Administrator/Arranger required to start as soon as possible.
This permanent position requires a high degree of professionalism and integrity and requires the employee to contribute to the smooth and efficient running of the various branches covering Bungay/Beccles/Diss. Funeral Administrators are expected to act as ambassadors for the client in their dealings with the public and to show care and concern, especially to bereaved families.
The company will expect a high level of commitment and loyalty and Funeral Administrators must be prepared to work for as long as is reasonably necessary to accomplish his/her tasks. All staff are expected to comply with the company policies and procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook, Procedures Manual and Health & Safety Manual.
In addition, Funeral Administrators are expected to follow the National Association of Funeral Directors Code of Practice at all times.
Hours of work Monday-Friday 09:00hrs-17.00hrs although flexibility will be required.
Hourly rate £9.00-£9.25 per hour depending on experience.
* You report to the manager. Your work may or may not be designated to a specific branch, but in any event, there must be a willingness to assist at other branches when the need arises.
* Arrange all types of funeral
* Arrange and perform viewings in the chapel of rest
* Carry out all administrative procedures following the arrangement of a funeral, including dealing with charitable donations, confirming funeral arrangements, producing service sheets and inserting death announcements.
* Carry out other clerical and computer duties within the branch
* Assist families with the administration and purchasing of pre-payment plans
* Build and maintain good working relationships with clergy, doctors, nursing home staff, solicitors and other local influencers.
* Take a proactive role in promoting Rosedale and its services and values by assisting with the implementation of the marketing plan
* Be responsible for the tidiness and cleanliness of the office and public areas of the funeral home
* Effecting the removal of the deceased from the place of death and bringing them into the care of the funeral home.
* Preparing the deceased for a burial or cremation, including placing them in coffins and preparing them for viewings.
* Be available to a reasonable degree to take part in the out of hours phone rota and carry out arrangements and viewings.
* Carry out other duties at the request of the management that are within his/her capabilities.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
* A commitment to diversity and integrity: To be someone who understands and respects diversity and adopts a fair and ethical approach to everyone.
* Change: To be someone who is open to change and actively seeks to support it.
* Confidence and resilience: To be confident and resilient - even in challenging situations.
* Working with others: To be someone who can work easily with others - both within the funeral profession and in the community.
* Communicate: To communicate effectively - both verbally and in writing.
* Personal Development: To be someone who is committed to personal development - for themselves and others.
* Practical abilities: To be practical and able to solve problems in a logical, safe and systematic way.
* Awareness: Have a good level of awareness to be able to respond to changing circumstances and environments.
Excellence: To be capable of achieving and maintaining standards of excellence.
If this sounds like the job for you then APPLY now!
This vacancy is being advertised by IRS Recruitment who are operating as a Recruitment Agency.