This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Business Services & Office Support|
|Salary||£18,000 per annum|
Purchasing Assistant opportunity available to start as soon as possible for our client based in Halesworth!
You will be required to work directly with the Procurement team and planners in making sure the purchase order acknowledgements are received and orders are expedited on time. You will also be assisting the Purchasing Coordinators on routine tasks including managing the centralised incoming purchasing emails.
As a Purchasing Assistant you will be required to work 8.00hrs-17.00hrs Monday - Friday on a starting salary rate of £18,000 per annum.
It is ESSENTIAL that you have the following requirements…
* Excellent Microsoft Packages proficiency, specifically Excel and copy typing skills
* Confident communicator with excellent professional telephone manner
* Efficiency, with a proactive attitude are essential.
* Ability to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines with accuracy and strict confidentiality at all times.
* Ability to Multi-Task and driven to meet deadlines
You will be required to..
* Update project and purchasing data in business systems. Assist with ensuring all data in all orders and specifications are correct according to demand and planning.
* Proactively chasing for order acknowledgements and due dates or overdue orders from suppliers. Ensuring deliveries are received in time with the requirements of the planning department to meet production needs.
* Assertively ensuring suppliers respond within set time frames.
* Answer and address enquiries in a professional way.
* Provide admin support to all staff as directed by the line manager.
* Assist with compiling accurate reports to provide information and research as required.
* Ensure financial and procurement processes are completed to agreed timescales.
* Liaise with Warehouse team for booking slots and effectively resolving any issues that may arise.
* Effectively manage own time, workload and resources ensuring important targets are met.
* Notify and escalate urgent issues or delays that may impact production schedules.
* Ensure suppliers have approved documentation.
If this is a perfect opportunity to best suit you then contact one of our friendly team today to discuss in more detail or simply APPLY now!
This vacancy is being advertised by IRS Recruitment who are operating as a Recruitment Agency.