This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Location||Thirsk, North Yorkshire|
|Sector||Business Services & Office Support|
|Salary||Up to £9.36 per hour|
Temporary Supplies Assistant required for our client based in Thirsk to start asap!
As a supplies assistant your role will be to process requisitions, receive and process incoming goods, place purchase orders, prepare invoices for payment, produce basic statistics, assist with stock control procedures and provide clerical support.
The hours of the role are 37 hours per week Monday-Friday
The starting salary is £18,065 (£9.36 per hour)
Supplies Assistant primary functions -
* Receive incoming electronic requisitions, check authority and process correctly authorised versions.
* Manage and maintain electronic and written records as required.
* Prepare statistical information as required by the Supplies Officer or any other Senior Officer.
* Alert the Supplies Officer to changes in issuing patterns and developing stock shortages.
* Receive, check and record deliveries.
* Receive invoices and promptly prepare these for authorisation and payment.
* To make local deliveries and collections as required and to undertake deliveries as required. (Possession of a current driving licence is a requirement of this post.)
* Place Purchase Orders under the guidance and supervision of the Supplies Officer.
* Share responsibility with other Supplies Department staff for good housekeeping within the department.
* Attend training courses and seminars as appropriate.
* Provide clerical support to the Senior Procurement Officer.
* To assist with periodic stock control procedures.
* Use of Microsoft Office, Excel and Access Databases.
* Good administrative and organisational experience.
* Attentiveness to accuracy and detail.
* Ability to use own initiative.
* Experience of a purchasing and/or stores environment.
* Private light goods vehicle license
* Proven skills in word processing
Please click APPLY now to be considered for this long term temporary vacancy!
This vacancy is being advertised by IRS Recruitment who are operating as an Employment Business.