This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Project Management & Services|
|Salary||See Job Description|
Funeral Director required for our client in Suffolk to start as soon as possible!
* Hours: Approximately 40 hours per week Monday - Friday
* Available for on-call 1 in 4 weeks
* 3% of salary paid into personal pension fund
* Annual Bonus based on individual and company performance
* Holiday allowance 21 days plus bank holidays, plus additional days for long service
* Report to: Funeral Home Manager/Directors
* Salary - to start depending on experience £20,000+
This is a senior position and requires a high degree of professionalism and integrity and an ability to deal with crises calmly and with tact. A Funeral Director must possess skills in dealing directly with bereaved families and would be expected to act as a technical advisor and to be an experienced, sympathetic listener and confidant. Funeral Directors must hold or be willing to study for the Diploma in Funeral Directing. The company will expect a high level of commitment and loyalty and Funeral Directors must be prepared to work a reasonable amount of overtime for as long as is reasonably necessary to accomplish his/her tasks.
As a Funeral Director you would need to have a full, clean driving license and be immaculately turned out, although full uniform will be provided. Successful applicants are expected to undergo extensive training which includes a day working with the team carrying a weighted training coffin and using a pretend grave especially constructed for training purposes, instruction for driving specialist vehicles, a driving assessment, removal training with a weighted dummy and all relevant health and safety aspects.
* Build and maintain good working relationships with your colleagues. With the support of the management, oversee the smooth day-to-day running of all aspects of the branches that you operate in, working closely with your administrative and operative teams.
* Build and maintain good working relationships with clergy, doctors, nursing home staff, solicitors and other members of the community. Take a proactive role in promoting the company and its services and values by assisting with the implementation of the marketing plan.
* Effecting the removal of the deceased from the place of death and bringing them into the care of the company.
* Preparing the deceased for a burial or cremation, including placing them in coffins and preparing them for viewings.
* Perform viewings in the chapel of rest.
* Arrange and conduct all types of funeral.
* Act as a supervisor to the funeral team during the course of a funeral, including preparations and debrief.
* Arrange and carry out interments of cremated remains.
* Assist families with the administration and purchasing of pre-payment plans.
* Take part in the out of hours rota for removals, arrangements, viewings and interments of cremated remains.
* Keep a record of and monitor the storage of cremated remains. This will include quarterly checks of cremated remains in our care and following up with families to arrange for them to be sent to their final destination.
* Carry out any of the functions of a Funeral Operative and/or Administrator as required.
* Carry out other duties at the request of the management that are within his/her capabilities.
* First aid training is compulsory for all members of staff.
* All staff are expected to support key dates on the calendar which include the Walks of Remembrance, Christmas Services of Remembrance and attendance at an annual staff planning day.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
* A commitment to diversity and integrity: To be someone who understands and respects diversity and adopts a fair and ethical approach to everyone.
* Change: To be someone who is open to change and actively seeks to support it.
* Confidence and resilience: To be confident and resilient - even in challenging situations.
* Working with others: To be someone who can work easily with others - both within the funeral profession and in the community.
* Communicate: To communicate effectively - both verbally and in writing.
* Personal Development: To be someone who is committed to personal development - for themselves and others.
* Practical abilities: To be practical and able to solve problems in a logical, safe and systematic way.
* Awareness: Have a good level of awareness to be able to respond to changing circumstances and environments.
* Excellence: To be capable of achieving and maintaining standards of excellence.
Please click apply now if this sounds like a fantastic opportunity!
This vacancy is being advertised by IRS Recruitment who are operating as a Recruitment Agency.