|Location||Great Yarmouth, Norfolk|
|Sector||Business Services & Office Support|
|Salary||£8.00 - £10.00 per hour|
Fantastic new Permanent opportunity for a Purchaser to start ASAP for our client based in Great Yarmouth.
This is a temporary role for 6 months with the possibility of going permanent.
As a Purchasing Coordinator you will be required to work 40 hours per week. This exciting new opportunity will be on an hourly rate of between £8-£10 per hour (depending on experience).
The purpose of the Purchaser role..
To provide professional support to the Purchasing Team, local and group colleagues in the successful achievement of site KPI's. Work closely with suppliers and customers and by interpreting and operating MRP, ensure timely supply of components and finished products with tight control of costs.
You will be required to…
* Offer support throughout the office in daily duties in the endeavour to successfully achieve site KPI's. This is predominantly, but not solely, offering support to the Purchasing team.
* As a key member of the team, provide departmental leadership in the absence of line management and support/management to line reports as necessary.
* Provide direction and support in the effective purchasing of both components and finished items, to best achieve KPI's.
* Provide support in achieving a PPV in-line with the clients KPI's.
* Have open eyes to the potential and opportunities open to us by way of innovation.
* Maintain data accuracy throughout all systems as required.
* Ensure that logistical operations are undertaken in accordance with all national and international requirements, with a strong control over associated costs and timescales.
* Provide support at all level as required to ensure the effective business operation.
* Ensure good relations, communications and service with all customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders.
The skills knowledge & experience that you will need;
* Previous purchasing experience, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
* Understanding of best practice processes, currency & commodity market dynamics and regulatory requirements.
* Ability to prioritise workload effectively, recognise continuous improvement opportunities and implement changes to drive cost savings.
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
* Excellent analytical capability.
* Good knowledge of ERP/MRP systems, and advanced Excel proficiency.
* Positive, results-orientated attitude and high desire to learn & develop.
* Exceptional organisational skills with sound ability to prioritise work load.
* Solutions orientated
* Team player
* Drive, Enthusiasm and a Proactive, 'can do' attitude
If all of the above sounds exactly what you are looking for then don't hesitate to hit that APPLY NOW button or call our friendly team for more info!
This vacancy is being advertised by IRS Recruitment who are operating as an Employment Business.