IRS Recruitment Services

The benefits of working with a Recruitment Agency like IRS Recruitment…

Many jobs are not advertised; instead they are placed with recruitment agencies like IRS Recruitment

Services Provided by a Recruitment Agency 

The services of good Employment Businesses or Employment Agencies (collectively  referred to as “recruitment agencies”) like IRS Recruitment can save businesses considerable time and money and ensure that job hunters find the right position as quickly as possible.

However, recruitment agencies do much more than simply match candidates to vacancies. Most agencies focus their efforts on a small number of industries and sectors or specific geographic areas to develop genuine expertise in their market. Both employers and people looking for new jobs can expect the consultant they deal with to offer accurate salary advice and have the right contacts in the sector. There are many benefits to candidates who use recruitment agencies; they can save time and provide consultants to negotiate their salary package. Recruitment agencies usually have a selection of unadvertised vacancies that job hunters can gain access to when they register, providing additional benefits.

For potential clients

Time is a major motivation for companies to use recruitment agencies, and IRS Recruitment consultants will only put forward shortlists of staff with the right skills and experience. IRS have developed relationships with a wide range of candidates over a number of years. We can also make sure interviewees are a good cultural fit for the organisation.
When working on permanent jobs, IRS only charges if they fill the vacancy; this is a low-risk way to recruit workers. Even if they do not earn a fee, agencies will complete the task of informing unsuccessful candidates and pass on feedback from interviews. Employment agencies are also an effective way to fill temporary positions because they can supply experienced, reference-checked staff with the right skills. They can also take care of all payroll issues, including holiday pay, contracts, logistics etc.
In short, using a recruitment agency like IRS Recruitment is the right choice for businesses that need to find the best staff, and jobseekers who want to secure the ideal position that suits their individual skills and experience in the shortest possible time.

For jobseekers

Many jobs are not advertised; instead they are placed directly with recruitment agencies that are trusted for their industry sector experience, sensitivity, and understanding of the employment market and connections with the right calibre of applicants.

It therefore makes sense to register your skills with an agency like IRS.
We will help you identify suitable permanent roles. Our abilities are even more valuable to those seeking contract or temporary roles as we have a constant supply of short, medium and long term positions. 

Non EEC jobseekers wanting to work in the UK

Do you need a visa?

Whether or not you need to obtain a visa before you travel to the UK depends on your nationality and the reason you want to travel here. You will not need a visa if you hold a passport issued by the UK or any other country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.

Our, 'Do you need a visa tool?' will tell you if you need a visa to come here.
If you are a visa national, you will need a visa before you come to the UK.
You will need a work visa/work permit before we can find you a position. There are strict rules governing who may enter the UK and who may work here. Some of the most common methods of securing the right to work in the UK are listed below.

High-value migrants 

  • Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) 
  • Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) 
  • Tier 1 (Investor) 
  • Tier 1 (General) 
  • Tier 1 (Graduate entrepreneur) 
  • Tier 1 (Post-study work) - closed to new applicants
  • Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (closed category)
  • Business persons (closed category)
  • Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland (closed category)
  • Innovators (closed category)
  • International Graduates Scheme (closed category)
  • Investors (closed category)
  • Writers, composers and artists (closed category)

This section contains details of the immigration routes available to exceptionally talented and highly skilled workers, investors and entrepreneurs wanting to work in the UK. You should read the eligibility requirements for your category in full before making an application. 

Tier 1 of the UK's points-based system is for high-value migrants, and currently contains 5 categories.

For further information go to

Skilled workers 

  • Working in the UK
  • Tier 2 priority applications 
  • Tier 2 (General) 
  • Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
  • Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
  • Tier 2 (Intra company transfer)
  • Work permits (closed category)
  • Ministers of religion, missionaries and members of religious orders (closed category)
  • Members of airport-based operational ground staff of an overseas-owned airline (closed category)
This section contains information about the routes available to skilled workers who have been offered jobs in the UK. 
If you are a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, the European nationals section describes your right to work in the UK.
If you are a national of a country outside the EEA or Switzerland (except Turkey - see below), you will need to apply under Tier 2 of the points-based system. You must:
  • have a job offer from a licensed sponsor and a valid certificate of sponsorship and;
  • pass a points-based assessment.

Before you apply, you should read the eligibility requirements for your category in full. Go to

Studying in the UK 

This section describes the immigration categories for people from outside Europe who want to study in the UK. It describes the requirements for each category, and explains how you can apply for a visa or permission to remain in the UK as a student. 

New Tier 4 guidance published

New versions of guidance for Tier 4 sponsors and Tier 4 students has been published on 4 March 2013.

The category you choose will depend on your age, and on the length and level of the course that you want to study. Our quick guide describes the different categories, and can help you to choose the correct category for you.

If you think you know which category is suitable for you, select it from the list below for more information about the requirements and how to apply.

The British council has produced 2 brochures: 'creating confidence - make sure that your time in the UK is safe and enjoyable'(861KB, opens in a new window) and 'Safety first - making sure your visit to the UK is safe and enjoyable' (2MB, opens in a new window). These provide advice for people interested in studying in the UK.

For more information go to

Working Holiday Visa

The Working Holiday Visa is available for members of certain commonwealth countries who are within a specific age range and have not previously held a working holiday visa. This visa allows the individual to enter the UK with the right to work for any client on a limited basis whilst enjoying a holiday in the UK. This is often useful for gaining some UK work experience whilst experiencing British culture and improving English language skills.

Do you need a visa? 

This questionnaire will help you to decide if you need to obtain a visa before you travel to the UK. It also contains guidance on the type of visa that you might need.

The questionnaire is for anyone who does not have a UK passport and wants to come to or transit to the UK. ('Transit' means to pass through the UK on your way to another country without staying here.)

If you want to travel to some Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories, you may be able to apply for the visa you need through our visa application centres worldwide. Please use our Country finder for information about the application process for the country you live in.

For more information go to

Non EEC jobseekers seeking to work in another part of the world

IRS Recruitment also recruits for projects outside of the EEC and welcomes applications from skilled and experienced individuals who do not have a visa/work permit allowing them to work in the UK, but are interested in working in other parts of the world.

We would recommend that unless you are responding to a specific advertisement or job posting of this nature, that you contact us to check if we are likely to have any opportunities in the countries you seek to find work.

To learn more, please call our friendly team today on 0333 600 6100



Register with Us

If you are looking for work or simply a change of direction, why not complete our simple registration form online.

Register Now

Upload Your CV

Registering and uploading your CV is free and simple. All you need is an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.

Upload Now

Jobs by Email

Find out quickly about our latest opportunities that may be suitable and of interest to you by subscribing to our latest Jobs by Email service.

Sign up Now

Quick Question

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us. Just fill out this simple form and member of our team will contact you right back.

Quick Question

Send Us Your Vacancy

Do you have a position that you wish to fill? Why not send through your vacancy details today, and let our dedicated team provide you with our first class service

Send Us Your Vacancy
"First for clients, First for candidates, First for recruitment,
First class."

Latest News

East Ayrshire wind farm plan given go ahead after four-year battle to build 50 masts

The masts have been given the green light by the Scottish Government who overturned a refusal by the local council.

JDR opens European Service Centre in Newcastle

The opening was marked by an official ceremony on Friday led by Nick Brown, MP for Newcastle upon Tyne East followed by a tour of the 4,000m2 facility.

View News